Tuesday 24 February 2015

The last astronuaut

Tomorrow will be 10 years
from that casual day
which started with us and cheap telenovellas
and ended with me holding you, 
breathless

for few hours, in a locked apartment. 
Reality re-questioning.
Such a meaningful day, such a meaningless life.
I'm not sure I would know what to tell you
If you would meet me today,
Not sure you would have what to be proud of,
because
I don't strive to my achievements 
per aspera ad astra,
I don't play piano
anymore,
And I would rather be invited to a brothel
Than to the palace of kings.
It's always about me, right?
Because you are the one who moved on.
(Do you ever get a chance to glimpse at us
through dimensions?)
I've visited you today, you know,
following the hollow cemetery ceremonies of humankind.
Meaningless symbolism. 
Visited also that beautiful girl I knew,
a friend of a friend,
who managed to go away on the same date as you.
Symbolism, again. 
I never believed one of you would ever hear or answer
or even appreciate.
You would not even remember, probably -
Just wake up one morning,
Watching a different sunset
with different eyes.

(I don't need hugs or cheering,
because it is not about sadness -
I'm blooming, but meaningless,
And not sad at all -
It's like being in love with the universe
When you're the last astronaut in the outer space)

1 comment: